Search our Properties

Register with us:

GumtreeDSS Move
Landlord AwardsDPS
FSBCentre Point
Certificates & Related Documents
When renting a property out there are certain certificates which need to be completed.
An Energy Performance Certificate is required to put the property on the market, you can not advertise the property without this certificate and it is required for any new tenant that is put into a property. This certificate lasts 10 years from the date of issue and can be arranged through Chantry for £60

Gas Safety Certificates are required on a yearly basis, again the standard cost is £75. This will need to be done as long as the property is occupied, you must not move a tenant in with out this already being in place.

Electrical Certificates are not yet legally required unless your property is within a Selective Licensing area. However you may still wish to get one carried out to ensure the safety of your tenant. This once completed lasts 5 years and usually costs between £150 – 200 depending on the size of the property.

Inventories are a very important document if you are taking a deposit from a tenant, as landlords are aware deposits must be protected with a government approved scheme and if you wish to with hold monies from that deposit you are required to submit evidence, if you don’t have it – the tenant will win at arbitration! Chantry provide electronic inventories signed by the tenant at the time of check in for £75 for anything up to a 3 bed house. Over and above 3 bedrooms the cost is £100.